Do you have the proven leadership/supervisor ability to work side by side with your team to keep them engaged and motivated?
Do you have outstanding customer service skills and the desire to serve your community?
If so, you may be the right person for a supervisory role with the Oklahoma Blood Institute, an organization that values integrity and rewards loyalty.
This position, not only provides dynamic team leadership in our life-saving mission, but also allows you to actively participate and work side-by-side with your team, keeping them motivated and engaged. Medical/healthcare experience is helpful, but is not required as a comprehensive training program is provided. Other duties include creating a great experience for our volunteer blood donors, performing phlebotomy, vital signs and determining donor eligibility, while working a varied schedule to include weekends and some holidays. Successful candidates must have a minimum of two years proven supervisory experience with the desire to learn new skills. College degree preferred, but will consider equivalent in experience.
Days and Hours: Varies depending on blood drive day/times in the community; weekends and some holidays are required
- High school diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred
- Minimum two years supervisory experience
- Flexibility to work extended shifts as needed to meet blood inventory needs
- Valid driver’s license required
- Reliable transportation and a working telephone
- Physical ability to lift, bend and reach up to 40lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to motivate staff to achieve daily and monthly goals
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team while supervising staff
- Strong customer service, technical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to write legibly and use proper grammar
- Ability to speak before small/large groups
- Diplomatic, enthusiastic interpersonal style and excellent problem solving skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Self-starting and self-directing work capabilities
- Ability to work calmly under stressful conditions
Direct supervision, support, and motivation of mobile staff. Adheres to and/or performs all duties in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to include, but not limited to registration, vital signs, medical screening, phlebotomy, heat sealing, and record keeping duties associated with wholeblood, apheresis collection, etc. as assigned.
|Pay Rate||Based on education and/or experience plus shift differential with paid on-the-job training and $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Additional||Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, paid on the job training, etc.|