Oklahoma Blood Institute is actively seeking qualified candidates for a rewarding position with a proven track record of successful reliability that is responsible for providing a safe and pleasant blood donation experience for donors.
Considered applicants must have a high school degree or GED, college classes are a plus. This position offers paid on-the-job training with no experience required.
The phlebotomist should be a shining example of superior customer service, professionalism, donor care and technical ability. Successful candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, and weekends. They must be on-time, reliable, good communicators, detail oriented, and work well with others. This position requires candidates to have reliable transportation, working telephone, standing for long periods of time, and ability to lift 40 lbs regularly.
If you are the type of person that has a passion to help save lives, this could be the perfect job for you!
Days and Hours: Varied
- Perform registration, vitals, medical screening, phlebotomy, heat sealing duties and record keeping duties associated with whole-blood, autologous, directed, therapeutic, testing services, research projects, etc
- Strictly adhere to all standard operating procedures ensuring all blood products are collected within the quality standards set forth by regulatory agencies including the FDA
- Assist supervisor in verifying and completion of daily paperwork
- Alert the Supervisor of any problems or concerns when issues arise related to equipment, venipuncture, donor questions/issues or equipment performance
- Continually assess donor needs throughout the donation process, including evaluating and treating donor reactions
- Educate donors on blood fact information such as donation frequency, need for blood products, etc
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
|Pay Rate||$11.50 or based on education and/or experience plus shfit differential and paid on-the-job training with $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Additional||Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, paid on the job training, etc.|